What a crazy couple of months it has been! All of our lives were turned upside down in a matter of days. As a teacher, I can’t even begin to describe the changes that we went through. If you’re a teacher, you get it, and if you’re a parent with school-aged kids, you’ve suddenly been thrown into a teaching gig that you were not prepared to do. We all tried our best (and for those schools that are still going) and are continuing to try our best, but this is uncharted territory that we went into.
On top of all of this, it seemed that everything that we needed was suddenly sold out! Toilet paper turned into gold, Clorox and Lysol wipes and sprays are still M.I.A., and all of our cabinets are probably stock full of canned goods that we would normally never eat (and, face it, you probably won’t eat). Aside from stores becoming zoos, it also became progressively more dangerous to go out to get these items, so manyof us turned to online shopping only to find that even online everything was also sold out. It became like a game trying to get these items online because it seemed that two minutes after an item was back in stock, it was sold out. As some of you may know, aside from being a full time teacher (and now a new mom!), I am also an Avon rep! I’m happy to say that this company stepped up and created some products to help us all out. I’ll tell you about a few and link you to them.
- First off, we have an essential that was sold out and that everyone tried their hand at making (including myself): The Avon Defense Embossed Face Mask! They’re cute and comfortable! They currently have a 5 star review and customers will be ordering more. The other masks sold out, but will be coming back and you can join the wait list for them! Below are the links to the two other fabric masks that we provide! I’ll definitely be putting a couple in my basket when I submit my next order 🙂 They’re currently on sale $8.50 – $9.50!
2. Another item that was and still is a hot commodity is sanitizer! Even before the COVID-19 craziness, I always made sure to have a few of these on hand because, one, I’m a teacher and constantly surrounded by germs and general ickiness, and, two, because the scents are great and they don’t dry out my hands! They’re also currently on sale from $7 down to $3.99. I’m stocking up before they sell out again! My personal favorite is the vanilla, but they also have cucumber melon.
Avon Senses Silky Vanilla Antibacterial Hand Gel
Avon Senses Fresh Cucumber & Melon Antibacterial Hand Gel
3. One of the best things that you can do the stop the spread of this virus is to simply wash your hands! Wash every time you come home from going out, from getting the mail, or shaking hands (which you really shouldn’t be doing these days any way), or just doing anything really. This soap is part of Avon’s new Defense line and is wonderful and doesn’t dry out your hands with the constant washing that we’re doing. It’s a nice big bottle and smells amazing! One customer said her husband thought it smelled like lemon meringue pie! Avon’s other hand soaps in the Cucina line are also a hit and have some great scents 🙂
Avon Defense Hand Soap
Avon Defense Bar Soap
Fruits & Passion Cucina Hand Soap in Sea Salt & Amalfi Lemon
Fruits & Passion Cucina Hand Soap in Grapefruit & Rhubarb
Fruits & Passion Cucina Hand Soap in Coriander & Olive Tree
4. Ok, this is one of my favorite products. Since we’ve all been stuck home, many of us are trying to get out more. My husband and I like to go for walks and especially down here in Florida, the bugs and mosquitoes are horrible! This actually keeps them away from me whereas normally I’m a bug buffet. The great thing is you have a variety to choose from. You can use just the normal Bug Guard or you can use the Bug Guard that also has SPF in it – spray, aerosol spray, wipes, or lotion. Their regular sunscreens also have the Bug Guard in them and best part is that they’re DEET free! They have a kid’s sunscreen with Bug Guard and a great anti-itch spray as well.
Skin So Soft Bug Guard Plus Picaridin Aerosol Spray
Skin So Soft Bug Guard Plus IR3535® Expedition™ Aerosol Spray SPF 28
Skin So Soft Bug Guard Plus Picaridin Towelettes
Skin So Soft Bug Guard Plus IR3535® Gentle Breeze® SPF 30 Lotion
Skin So Soft Bug Guard Plus IR3535® SPF 30 Cool ‘N Fabulous™ Disappearing Color Lotion
Skin So Soft Bug Guard Plus Picaridin Family Size Pump Spray
Skin So Soft Bug Guard Plus IR3535® Expedition™ SPF 30 Family Size Pump Spray
Skin So Soft Bug Guard Plus Anti-Itch Spray
5. Although some salons are starting to open back up, I know that there are many of us who still are not comfortable (including myself) heading out and getting a cut and color. We can help with the color though. Avon has partnered with CHI to bring us a great hair color line – Avon CHI Essentials Hair Color! If you don’t feel like completely dying your hair and you just need a root touch up we’ve also made a Root Touch-Up product to help out with that.
Avon CHI Essentials Hair Color
Let me know what you think of my go-tos! If you end up buying make sure you see my name, Angela Dekkan, for your representative , and don’t forget to check out and like my Facebook page, Angela D. Avon Representative, for daily updates on products and even just to chat!
If you’re interested in becoming a representative today, click here!